Resources & Reading
Our open and on-going collaboration with architects, builders and tradespeople is an important part of our design practice.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know I need a designer?
- You're considering newconstruction, an addition, renovation, or remodel
- Your space lacks flow and functionality for your busy life
- You know the interior environment you want, but are unsure how to create it
- You want to add new furnishings that beautifully blend with existing pieces
- You lack the time to research the possibilities, make decisions and find/manage talented trades people
At what stage of my project do I engage a designer?
The best time to consider a designer is when you are thinking about your new space.
Engaging Taste at your project's conception is wise for many reasons:
- With so many design possibilities, we present options you may not have considered, then assist you in making choices that fit the life or business style you desire
- When a project calls for an architect or builder, we work with them to ensure design details are built into the plans - thereby avoiding costly changes later on
- Our knowledge-base and available resources frees you from spending time researching furnishings, artwork, decorations, and systems such as lighting, sound, and security
What should I expect from a Professional Designer?
At the very least, you should seek:
- ASID or IIDA affiliation
- Demonstrated project experience
- A contract with clearly articulated deliverables
- Happy, returning clients
In addition, we urge you to consider Taste if you value:
- An accomplished designer able to oversee your project from framing plans to finishing touches
- Direct, on-going access to the designer responsible for your renovation
- Working with a professional who maintains a thorough understanding of your goals, aesthetics and priorities
- A designer who remains current and active with accredited industry-specific organizations
- Access to a network of exceptional builders, trades people and artisans
How would you describe your style?
Our job is to help you define your style. We present options and make recommendations based on your likes and needs. Ultimately it is your taste reflected in our work.
How much will an interior designer cost?
Your cost is determined by the scope of services you‘ve agreed upon. We offer a number of services on a hourly basis, and also negotiate fixed fees for long-term projects.